Sunday, December 16, 2007

Holiday Cocktail Party

So last night was the holiday cocktail party. I'm going to type in red and green to provide some extra holiday cheer to this post.

Here is the glorious food table. For some reason everything was brown or off white or white this year. Strange. Regardless, this is the table before I finished cooking. I get way too excited about the food.



I finally finished all my Christmas decorating for the party. Here is our tree. We're still using the apartment sized tree in our big house. This year I'm going after christmas shopping to get a big tree. I might still put this one up as well because I love it so much! It's a $10 tree from Walgreens, but it has treated me well.


Here's the mantel with Hip Hop Santa and Holiday Barbie. The joke it that Barbie is his ho.



And finally, the horrible banisters needed some cheesetastic decorations. So I came up with this idea to make little peppermints and to hang them there. I attached them to a strand of lights that's wrapped in tinsel. Pretty fabulous.


The party went well. Unfortunately we got a couple of inches of snow so only brave came out. But we had a great time and played alot of guitar hero!

3 comments:

Bernadette said...

oh the decorations are fabulous!! love the peppermints hanging from the banister!! and holiday barbie has been alittle naughty??? did you have fun on your 25th??? more snow!!! the food looks yummy. and of course, the guitar hero rocks... very impressed with the quickness of the party upday. oh yes, give eric my warmest regards...and have fun shoveling y'll. we got to the 30's for the high today and froze our weenies.

Bernadette said...

ps...you have updated your blog with some links and stuff...very nice

Shannon Kelley said...

yay! Love the decor...you guys crack me up! I am so glad to see Holiday Barbie making the rounds:) I don't know if I mentionned it when I called but thanks so much for the knitting stuff and book for my b'day! I love it all and can't wait to get knitting! Happy b'day again, welcome to the closer to 30 than 20 crowd!!!!